Thursday, December 20, 2012

Moist Gluten Free Waffles(SCD, Paleo, Gluten Free)


Being on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet you come to miss comfort foods. One of those comfort foods for me was waffles. Light, fluffy and moist waffles. I have tried many recipes and most of them came out dry and hard to swallow. So I played around and came up with this delicious recipe. They come out delicious, moist and flavorful everytime!

Moist Gluten Free Waffles (yeilds 2 waffles depending on your waffle maker)
Ingredients:
1 very ripe banana, mashed
2 eggs
dash of vanilla
1 TBS honey
1/2 cup almond flour(or almond meal)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
dash of salt
dash of nutmeg
1/4 tsp baking soda

Preheat waffle iron
Mix banana through honey together
Add remaining ingredients to the wet mixture
Prepare waffle iron with butter(or other scd legal oil) if needed

Cook and enjoy! I top mine with butter and honey. The perfect start to my day!

If you're looking for a great waffle iron. One that is nonstick(without needing any sort of greasing), cooks evenly each time then I have a great recommendation. The Cuisinart 4 belgian waffle maker. I have bought cheap versions at target and walmart in past years only to be disappointed each time when the nonstick film started to chip off and attach to my waffles. I decided to splurge on this one and it has made a huge difference and I think will be a better buy in the long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment